Welcome to The BirdHouse
The Birdhouse is a collection of 16 bird species, each with it’s own unique personality. We took those 16 species and added traits and accessories to build a full collection of 6,000 birds. Each bird is 1/1. It’s combination of hat, eyewear, beak and neck make it completely unique from any other bird in the collection.
These birds all live on the Ethereum blockchain as NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens). You can own a bird by minting one from our website (starting August 12th @ 1:00PM EST).
- 6,000 Birds @ 0.06 ETH each
- Custom smart contract on Ethereum blockchain
- You own the commercial rights to your bird
- Launching: Thursday 8/12 @ 1:00PM EST (5:00PM UTC)
Our collection will go live for minting on Thursday August 12 at 1:00PM EST (5:00PM UTC). You’ll be able to mint a bird directly through our website or smart contract. You’ll need Metamask wallet preloaded with some Ethereum. There are a lot of great tutorials online if you aren’t familiar with this process.
We think the quality, personality and level of detail in our art will be some of the best you’ve seen in the NFT collectible space!
As artists, there are a couple things that we think are really important:
- Quality. We start every bird, every trait, every accessory with a hand drawn sketch on paper. That sketch is then scanned and reviewed by our entire team. It’s got to make sense within the scope of the project, and it has to look consistent with everything else we are building. Each accessory is drawn specific to each Bird species so they match perfectly.
- Personality. We really want to create Birds that you are proud to own. Maybe even use as your avatar. Honestly, nothing would make us more proud than to see our art being used for your digital identity. As the founder of this project, I own a variety of NFTs from the top collections right now. I love collecting them and I love considering them an aspect of how people interact with me digitally. I got tired of seeing all the low effort pfp projects, so I decided to design and build an NFT collection that I would be proud to own.
- Variety (that makes sense). We are striving to create a large variety of trait combinations, without going totally batsh*t crazy with weird combos. Every single one of our Birds will be visually checked to make sure it makes sense. Some combos won’t exist simply because we don’t think they would make sense. We’re also creating 16 different base species. So instead of everyone being a crow, you can pick the species that mixes best with your personality. Then explore the collection to find the traits that you love!
Traits & Accessories
We wanted each bird to be really unique, and to do that, we had to create a variety of traits we could assign to them. These traits (or accessories) are things like hats, glasses, necklaces, etc…
Because each bird’s head is slightly different, we drew and adjusted each trait specifically for each bird (500+ times!) to make sure they looked perfect.
We don’t want to reveal too much before our launch but here is a sneak peek of some of our favorite birds. You can see how the traits help create a story and personality for each character.
The Future (Roadmap)
It’s taken us a ton of work just to get to this point but we’ve got some big plans for the future. We don’t want to give you every detail yet (because that would ruin the surprise!) and we also want to involve our community in some of the future decisions.
We wanted to do something cool for our earliest community members. So we created something called “Early Birds”. This was given to the very first 100 members of our Discord community. We then commissioned a talented artist from Mexico City to create an art piece, just for this group. We locked the ETH addresses of all 100 Early Birds into the contract so they were the only ones who could mint one. Early Birds have access to a private Discord channel and are involved in helping the team make various decisions.
The distribution of the Early Bird NFTs was based on being early to the project, but now they are tokens that you can purchase on OpenSea. If you own an Early Bird NFT, that’s like having backstage access. Browse the OpenSea listings to see if anyone is willing to sell their spot.
Thursday August 12th @ 1:00 PM EST (5:00PM UTC)
We’ll have a more detailed follow-up announcement this week with more details about launch day and our plans immediately following the drop.
Donation. We’ll allocate 10ETH to a donation address. The final decision of where to donate will be voted on by the Early Birds. We’ve already had some great ideas brought forward by a few community members for causes that we can really get behind.
Liquidity Pool. We’ll setup and fund a liquidity pool at NFT20. We’ll have more information about what a liquidity pool is and how it works after the drop.
- Merch. We’ve already started working on a few merch ideas that will be available for owners only.
- More drops! The BirdHouse doesn’t stop after launch day. We’ve got some big plans for the future of this project. Let’s just say it will pay to be a bird hodler (especially if you can build a full collection). We’ll release more on this later…
From the Founder
If you’re reading this, you have something in common with me. You like collecting. Maybe this is your first NFT, maybe it’s your hundredth (hopefully it’s not your last!). Whatever your experience level, you love researching, building and curating your collection. For 10 year old me it was basketball cards, then stamps for a little bit. I loved the thrill of saving up to buy a pack, going home and carefully opening to see what I’d got this time. Me and some friends would get together to trade, talk about and value our collections.
As a kid I never imagined actually being able to create my own cards, or stamps, or coins. Thanks to the internet and blockchain tech, that can now be a reality. The little me who couldn’t want to try and pull an MJ can now design and build his own collectible!
I created The BirdHouse because I wanted an NFT collection that had more base variety, more personality across the characters. I’ve always loved birds of prey, my favorite is the Red Tail Hawk. I loved spotting them on a fence pole or flying through a forest.
In real life, birds seem to have almost infinite variety and personality. This project is my tribute to some of my favorite bird species (like the hawk and the bluejay). I added traits like hats, glasses and ties to give each one it’s own personality.
In 2013 I started exploring the crypto space and fell in love with the tech. When NFT’s exploded in early 2021 I became an ardent collector and follower of various digital artists and collectors. I love the connection of hyper-modern blockchain tech to the centuries old love of collectibles.
The BirdHouse is a collection that I aim to expand far beyond the initial release (see the Early Birds as an example). We are a small team with a lot of experience in the industry and we hope you are excited to follow along and see what we create!
It’s collectors like you that enable creators like us to spend our days building The BirdHouse. We’re glad you decided to join us and we hope you love collecting The BirdHouse as much as we loved creating it!